2900 Stanford NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87107
Summit Electric Supply is one of New Mexico’s largest locally owned businesses and is looking for an accountant with a desire to take their career to the next level as a Staff Accountant at our corporate headquarters in Albuquerque. In this rewarding and challenging environment your day to day functions will range from conducting financial audits to assisting our branch management in making sound business decisions by providing them timely and accurate financial data. The successful candidate will need to have strong analytical/reporting skills, an understanding of monthly close processing and a strong desire to expand their knowledge and experience.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to develop new skills in a corporate environment while working for a successful market leader then apply today!
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions)
- Support the Controller in the preparation of schedules and data needed for the monthly close and audits
- Closely oversee and ensure the timely and accurate preparation of company financial statements
- Review monthly reports in detail, researching items as needed, to ensure all reports are correct and unusual items are adequately explained
- Balance Sheet and Bank Account Reconciliations.
- Reconcile the subsidiary ledger to the GL And trouble-shoot issues
- Maintain all Fixed Assets schedules and associated depreciation, including all Company Vehicles and associated Insurance
- Maintain all prepaid and accruals
- Maintain Capital Project file and update monthly
- Closely oversee and ensure the timely and accurate preparation of tax filing such as Sales and Use Tax, 1099, Property Tax, etc
- Work closely with Service Center Leaders to answer any questions that relate to Accounts Payable, Sales and Use Tax, and Financial Reports
- Assist and provide schedules for Outside Auditors, and Tax Associates
- Participates in cross-functional team process improvement projects.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2-4 Years Private accounting experience, 1-2 Years Public accounting experience, or a combination
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Effective communicator – both verbally and in written form
- Adaptability to different tasks and environments rapidly
- Proven ability to learn and use different accounting systems and report writing software
- Strong ability to manage different projects and priorities simultaneously and adapt quickly as priorities change
- Advanced level Excel skills
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Previous successful experience in SAP is preferred
- 4-6 years of progressive accounting experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of cash management, reconciliations, US GAAP, and financial analysis